Friday, August 21, 2009

My first programming language

I was doing my ps2 at TSae,Bangalore. It was my 5th day. My project manager Sateesh gave me a brief introduction about the project and assigned my job. He was a gr8 man wid lots of patience. I told him I am totally new to software development and all i know is doing some basic math in C. He suggested me to learn Perl first and then he would guide me accordingly.

I started with the book "Teach yourself perl 5 in 21 days". As I went through, I thought "These variables are gr8, they can store strings, numbers, anything ( except for $ sign before every variable )" and then "these RegEx are fun ( If exceptions are taken care )" and

Recently when I was learning perl properly for regular use, I came across this in some book that describes perl in one line. It said "Perl is all about thinking like Larry". Larry is the creator of perl.

Usually perl code is very small and a lil cryptic, it can be fun for programmers and nightmare for debuggers.

Finally the language is awesome ( except for exceptions ) :P .

No comments:

Post a Comment